Hello Chocolate, Fashion & Food Lovers,
Do you know how to make an epic Hot Cross Bun? Me neither!! So I thought it was about time I found an epic recipe to share with you this Easter. Yep that right It’s that time of year again where the smell of cinnamon and spice fills the air and we get to indulge in all things sweet and delicious. Here’s a delicious recipe I found from my friends at De’Longhi, it’s too good to keep to myself so time to share this epic Hot Cross Bun Recipe.
The Best Ever Hot Cross Bun Recipe To Celebrate Easter.
Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Activate the yeast in some of the milk (make sure its warmed up to blood temperature)
- Heat the milk, butter, orange and lemon zest in a saucepan until the butter melts.
- Mix the flour, sugar, salt and xanthan and add the activated yeast and milk +butter mix.
- Knead the bowl either by hand or with a machine with a dough hook. Keep kneading until you have silky, elastic dough.
- Form into a ball and place in a buttered bowl covered with cling film, and leave to prove for 1 hr.
- Add the remaining ingredients, knead the dough again, place in a buttered bowl covered with cling film, and leave to prove for 1 hr.
Take the dough out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
- Punch the dough down, and knead it again until it is smooth and elastic. Divide into 16 balls and shape into smooth round buns.
- Sit the buns on a baking parchment making sure they are quite snug together but not touching. Using the back of an ordinary eating knife, score the tops of the buns with the imprint of a cross. Cover with a tea towel and leave to prove again for about 45 minutes – they should have risen and almost joined up.
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 200ºC Fan.
- Brush the buns with an egg wash, and then mix the flour, sugar and water into a smooth, thick paste. Using a teaspoon, dribble two lines over the buns in the indent of the cross, and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- When the hot cross buns come out of the oven, heat up on a low heat the apricot jam with a teaspoon of water for the glaze, and brush each hot bun to make them sweet and shiny
Thank You + So Grateful For All Your Amazing Support
M xx Chocolate Queen